March events in Phoenix. The weather in Phoenix is great for some outdoor activities. Here are some ideas of things to do for the month of March. Enjoy!
Get your green on for these St. Patrick’s Day Events
This weekend is St. Patrick’s Day. Get your green on and celebrate! Here are 2 events this weekend:
There are lots of events going on this weekend in and around Phoenix. If you’re looking for something to do, check out this list below.
Special Event on Sun Valley Parkway this weekend
A section of Sun Valley Parkway will be closed this Sat. & Sun., March 10 & 11, from 7 to 11 a.m. for a special event for the Senior Olympics.
Here are the details:
- The west side of Desert Oasis Blvd. to the north side of Tartesso Parkway.
- Residents from both Sun City Festival and Tartesso will have access to and from Sun Valley Parkway
- Sun City Festival residents will be able to go east.
- Tartesso residents will be able to go south.
Maricopa County Sheriff Deputies will be stationed at each location to direct traffic.
Emergency personnel will have access to this area at all times, if needed.
To celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day, share some cupcakes with your friends, co-workers and family! You can jazz up vanilla cupcakes with different frostings such as chocolate, mocha, raspberry or skip the frosting and top it off with ice cream!
Some fun facts about vanilla:
- vanilla is one of the most sought-after flavors in the world
- it’s considered to be one of the most expensive spices in the world, second only to saffron
- vanilla is the only fruit-bearing and edible orchid in the world